Monday, November 28, 2011

Our world's population hit 7 billion people in October, for me November's numbers went something like this...


*Preparing to send 36 people on outreach to Asia
*2 hour waterfall hike with 13 amazing staff and 1 crazy dog
*12 staff meetings, 12 worship sets, 40 hours of lecture
*1 day of prayer and fasting for provision for outreach
*2 dinner parties at our casa, cramming 16 people into our living/dinning room for a staff feast
*1 mind blowing, extremely challenging week with Rick Thompson on comparative world views
*1 week of study on missions and outreach prep with Dave Hewitt
*1 rocking week with Amy Sollars teaching on the Holy Spirit
*1 very refreshing week of teaching and ministry of spiritual warfare from freedom ministries and Keith Martins.


I've laughed, I've cried, I've been challenged and I've even been wrong. I know that is hard for some of you to believe, but it's true, I've been wrong. I was wrong about how hard I thought leading the DTS would be. When I said yes to leading the DTS for the foreseeable future it was primarily because that's what I knew the Lord was calling us to do. As I thought about everything the role would entail I was thinking more about the responsibility of leading 100 or so 20 year olds into over seas missions then I was thinking about the joy of it. I thought of the dollars we would have to raise and the late nights spent having long talks with staff and students. I thought of the difficult students and the  possible strain it would put on our new marriage. A mingling of fears and reality made me hesitant to be over excited about our new role. 


What I didn't know is that I would enjoy the job so much! My eyes have been opened to the massive need for Discipleship Training Schools in our world. It has been so fun to see our students lives get totally rocked by the Lord these last few months. God does it through the lectures and the one on one time with the staff. Our students are stretched to the max but what I have found out is that this generation really does want truth and holiness. In fact they are hungry for hope. I have been challenged to do our very best at presenting truth to this generation in a loving environment where they can grow. Chris and I are so blessed to be leading the DTS in Honolulu. I can't imagine anything else I would rather be doing with my life then this!
DTS Staff

No comments:

Post a Comment