Wednesday, June 26, 2013

A Long Awaited Opportunity


I fell in love with the Bible during my SBSCC (School of Biblical Studies Core Course) in 2005. The SBSCC is a shortened version of the SBS which is a 9 month Inductive Bible Study Course. That time of study radically challenged and transformed my understanding of scripture and of God. The SBSCC was foundational for me and set me on a path of teaching that I would never have started otherwise. 

Finishing the SBS has ALWAYS been a desire but being so busy with ministry I didn't think I would get the opportunity. God has made a way! I will be a student in the Chronological SBS starting next week. I will do the first quarter of the school and study through all of the Old Testament Narratives. I am so excited and probably crazy to be taking this on right now but it is an opportunity I can't miss out on. We will not be going home this summer and we will not be running a summer DTS (we never do) therefore this is my perfect timing to be a student again. 

I am in need of financial support to help with my tuition fees. Because I have been on staff with YWAM Honolulu for many years I am taking the course a discounted rate but I still need an extra $600 to pay for my school fees. As Chris and I live on a limited budget this is a challenge for us to meet. Therefore I am trusting God to meet this extra financial need. If you would like to support me in following this dream of studying the Old Testament I would greatly appreciate it. Thank you so much for your prayers and support and for staying connected with us. 


No comments:

Post a Comment